Chief Data Scientist
||: October 1, 2018
||: New Jersey
||: Product Development/Product Consulting
This opportunity is for a Chief Data Scientist who will lead the creation of new data sciences capabilities for Vitrana’s integrated analytics platform for Healthcare and Life Sciences Platform.
Responsibilities of this Profile includes:
- Working with VITRANA business units to identify and deliver results on high-impact projects leveraging Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders in applying Data Science skills to important business problems, frame problem definition and potential solutions specifically in Life Sciences Domain.
- Development and Design of the departmental vision, capabilities, infrastructure, and quarterly/annual roadmap for the launch of data sciences capabilities.
- Implementation of AI/ML based technologies for Case Intake Automation
- Implementation of Machine Learning algorithms to do automatic Product Labeling and Semantic Search of Drug-AE relationships
- Design and Development of NLP Pipelines to consume data from Unstructured sources to enable Data-Driven Decision Support Systems in Life Sciences
- Implementation of AI-based Scoring of Case Narratives to determine the quality and accuracy.
- Advocate the power of Data Science concepts and working with cross-functional teams to create actionable insight for customer business lines
- Identify relevant skill and knowledge gaps needed to solve business problems and will develop training programs within VITRANA to close these gaps while providing hands-on experience solving major healthcare and clinical development problems
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of Pharmacovigilance Regulatory Requirements, assessing the impact of any changes on Vitrana Proprietary Products & Oracle Argus Safety.
- Minimum 8 years of continuous and latest experience in data analytics, management, statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, and/or forecasting/predictive analytics.
- Minimum 2 years of applying Machine Learning using distributed systems and more specifically using Spark libraries.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with statistical tools/packages, more specifically with Python
- Strong programming skills to handle data in at least 2 of the following tools (Java, Scala, Python, SQL)
- AWS services knowledge to define data processing and governance pipeline using S3, SQS, SNS, EC2, Lambda, EMR
- Cloud based big data and analytics applications experience
- Experience in handling large data sets for Life Sciences and Healthcare Industry
- Experience in handling large data sets for PV/Clinical Research/Development Analytics
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, H2O and others
- Have customer facing experience and excellent presentation and communication skills
Bachelors of Sciences/Bachelors of Engineering (Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science, Biotechnology)
To apply for the above position, please send your word resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by specifying the Job Code.