Data Scientist (Healthcare and Lifesciences)
||: October 1, 2018
||: Product Development
This opportunity is for an experienced Data Scientist who will become a key member of Vitrana’s integrated analytics platform for Healthcare and Life Sciences.
Responsibilities of this Profile includes:
- Working with VITRANA business units to identify and deliver results on high-impact projects leveraging Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders in applying Data Science skills to important business problems, frame problem definition and potential solutions
- Advocate the power of Data Science concepts and working with cross-functional teams to create actionable insight for customer business lines
- Identify relevant skill and knowledge gaps needed to solve business problems and will develop training programs within VITRANA to close these gaps while providing hands-on experience solving major healthcare and clinical development problems
- Initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- And other duties as assigned to assist VITRANA’s activities in research, development, consulting, training and support.
- Advanced Degree in quantitative field, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, bioinformatics, epidemiology or other similar.
- Minimum 5 years of continuous and latest experience in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, and/or forecasting/predictive analytics.
- Minimum 2 years of applying Machine Learning using distributed systems and more specifically using Spark libraries.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with statistical tools/packages, more specifically with R
- Strong programming skills to handle data in at least 2 of the following tools (Java, Scala, Python, SQL)
- Experience in handling large data sets for Healthcare Industry
- Experience in handling large data sets for Clinical Research/Development Analytics
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, H2O and others
- Have customer facing experience and excellent presentation and communication skills
- Have a creative and open mindset to learn new things and innovate
- Be a self-starter who can meet goals with minimal supervision
- Have high energy levels to thrive in a fast paced, open, startup environment
- Have experience working in cross-cultural environment; prior experience with a multi-national company is desirable
- Have strong English language skills
Bachelors of Sciences/Bachelors of Engineering (Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science, Biotechnology)
To apply for the above position, please send your word resumes to email@example.com by specifying the Job Code.